Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 09

Saturday we went to the Florence Easter Egg Hunt. Colby loved the slide and when we got to the bottom he signed "again". Right before it was time to start the egg hunt, Colby spotted the cookie table ( just like the last egg hunt, darn cookie tables). He began to sign "cookie" and scream so I quickly gave him one. It was time to head over to the preschooler area and get ready to start. We were in a large crowd and had to walk a good ways, so it was insane when Colby started yelling for another cookie. I told him we were not walking all the way back for a cookie and I heard someone say, "I would if I were you". Ha, I guess they thought it was worth it just to prevent him from yelling but I'm trying to teach him that just because you yell out of control doesn't mean you get your way. One of my friends grabbed a cookie from her son and gave half of it to Colby so he did kinda get his way, but he didn't get to go back to the cookie table. The egg hunt was divided into groups and our group went up to 4 year olds, so it wasn't really fair. The older kids grabbed all the eggs before Colby even understood what to do. He got a total of 3 eggs YAY!! So, Colby and Wyatt decided to stay behind the group and play with one another. Then, Colby went to the park and played with Conner. They had a blast!













They were proud of their three eggs!






Conner giving Chris high five!









On Easter Sunday we went to Granny Bubs. Colby's cousin Della lives in North Carolina so we met her for the first time. Colby is a month older than Della so they had a good time playing. I think Colby kissed her 100 times. He is so affectionate, I think he gets that from me because I can't give or get enough kisses from him every day!!!



There's nothing like the holidays, great food and spending time with love ones. Can it get any better?

Skate boarding, Colby's new hobby hehe!









Colby loved the rice cake with almond butter! Aunt Michelle has a degree in nutrition so we love getting healthy eating lessons! I admire her, she is 50 but she is more healthy than most of my friends in their twenties. After all, who can have a baby at 49 and be supermom like she is!




Colby giving Della kisses












A Final Farewell : (



5 mins down the road


We're home!
Colby loves to pretend that he is driving and he waves and yells Hi over and over again. He is pretty entertaining!
































































No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...