Friday, April 10, 2009

Were You There When They Crucified My Lord?

Something happened to me this afternoon that was upsetting and someone really disappointed me. On the way to church I couldn't stop thinking about it so I called my mom to vent. During the service Father said that someone came to him this week just complaining about everything and he started singing "Were you there when they crucified my lord, Oh sometimes it makes me tremble, tremble, tremble?" He said it helps to put things in perspective and Oh man, it did for me. I realized that people will always disappoint but does it really matter when we think about what Christ did for us? Is there anything worth complaining about, getting worked up about, or worrying about? No!

This was my first time to attend mass on Good Friday and I have to say that it was such a sacred experience that I can't wait to do it again next year. We went through the last days of Christ life and then Father brought to the alter, Jesus on the cross. While every single person knelt at his feet in adoration we sang "Were You There". You could feel the presence of the holy spirit and I wish I could have stayed at his feet for hours, but nothing would ever be enough thanks for what he did for us.

The words of this song really does make you tremble.

Were you there when they crucified my Lord?
Were you there when they nailed him to a tree?
Were you there when they pierced him in the side?
Were you there when the sun refused to shine?
Were you there when they laid him in the tomb?
Were you there when they rolled the stone away?
Oh! Sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble.


Please watch this and listen to how powerful these words are and remember what Easter is all about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwdYGijCBI&feature=related

God bless you and your family and may your Easter be filled with joy and peace!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...