Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Priceless Friend

When I went to Mississippi College, I met Joni my very first semester and we were both majoring in elementary education. We had so much in common and became best friends instantly. We were both married and she had a little boy so we related to each other because we weren't the typical college students. For three years we were each others rock. We helped each other through difficult classes and even dropped Chemistry together, hehe! It feels better being a quitter when someone else does it with you, we had a very hard professor. We also supported one another through personal conflicts we had, and both came out stronger because of each other. We literally kept Gravity (best coffee shop EVER!) in business. We would sit for hours and hours drinking white chocolate mochas, listening to Ralph Miller sing, and talk talk talk (sometimes cry). Friends like Joni are priceless, hard to come by, and always in my thoughts. She now lives in Forest so we don't see other often and I miss her so much!


She has 8 week old twins, so yesterday I loaded Colby up and we went and spent the entire day in Forest. I knew I missed her but after spending the day together, I realized just how much. We made a commitment to meet up at least once a month. I was always amazed at what a wonderful mom she was with her first son and I thought to myself "I hope I'm just like her when I have a child"!

Now she also has twins and once again I was impressed with her mommy skills!
















Joni's husband is the Chief Fireman so Joni couldn't wait to take Colby to see the firetruck. He loves to drive our car so can you imagine how much he loved driving a fire truck! He laughed and laughed until we blew the horn. Then, he cried but kept right on driving!
We went and got Reese from school and then went to play at the park!


Cali & Sam chillin at the firehouse






He kept driving and saying Hi to everyone





Signing "Hat"



















Thanks for such a fun day, Joni! I love you!





























































No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...