Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Son Grows Up

Lately, as I watch Colby play or listen to things he has to say.......it brings a tear to my eye to see how much he is growing up! It makes it even more difficult when I look at baby Chase and realize he will be the same way in two brief years.

I love this age because he is so protective of me and expresses his love in the sweetest ways! My favorite at the time is.......

Me: I love you
Colby: I love you more mommy
Me: I love you this much (spreading my arms wide)
Colby: I love you to the moon
Me: I love you to the moon and back
Colby: Wow

I hate when he gets hurt, but I love how he immediately says, "I want mommy!"

It drives me nuts when he delays bedtime but it melts my heart when I hear him calling from his room, "mommy mommy tom here!" When I open the door he says, "one mo hug mommy" and I turn to mush!

I know the day will come when he will be embarrassed by public affection from mom and it will break my heart into 1000 pieces, so for now I'm going to eat it up and enjoy every second!!!!


this poem says it all..............

My Son Grows Up

Life is fleeting, years rush past...
and little boys grow up so fast!
Let me take time out to be
thankful mine is still here with me.
And though I'm busy through the day,
let me take time out to play...
Let me take time out to smile,
to sit with him for just a while...
Let me take time out for walks,
for swings and sports and quiet talks,
for sharing giggles, tickles, and hugs,
for patching knees and catching bugs...
for running races, climbing trees,
for helping with his A - B - C's...
For hatching plots and planning schemes,
for listening to his thoughts and dreams.
Let me tuck him in at night,
hear his prayers, turn off the light.
And when my busy day is done,
let me thank God I have a son.

...Author Unknown


Colby is very protective of Daddy jumping me too high on the trampoline, and he will tell Chris to fall down and not jump mommy high and then he comes to my rescue to make sure I'm otay!!












1 comment:

Tessica said...

i LOVE your blogs. absolutely love them. i think all the time about how Mia isn't a baby anymore. i'm so proud of her, but it's bittersweet. i love that we're able to communicate, but i always tear up knowing that her infancy is already gone, & so quickly. your blogs always motivate me at the times i need them most, when i'm feeling frazzled or stressed. THANK YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...