Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cloth Diapers.....Easy Peasy!

I have actually heard other mommies talking about their switch to cloth diapers and when Chase's doctor noticed his cloth diaper he informed me that in the past year he has noticed a few other patients wearing cloth......Well, what do you know, Mississippi has made me so proud! We still have a long way to go....I don't see Tidee Didee Diaper Services opening a store near us anytime soon! How awesome would that be....... they actually pick up your dirty diapers and leave fresh, clean ones at your door!

I know most people think cloth diapers are way too much work but it's really not!

look at these fantastic diapers that I use...super easy!

The best part....the snaps adjust sizes and fit from 8lbs- 30! You only have to buy them one time!

Why use cloth?

Save Money

Prevent this....

Yes, that's all diapers...over 18 billion diapers a year are dumped into a landfill.

When your baby is all grown up and has babies of his/her own....his poop diapers will still be there! It takes 300-400 years to decompose.....pretty crazy, huh?

Early potty training....most cloth diaper babies are potty trained a year earlier than the average. This was the case with Colby....he was potty trained at 22 months old.

The most important reason is for the health of your baby! Disposable diapers contain chemicals that can cause cancer, asthma, and infertility......scary info here.

If you use disposable, it's best to use one that is Chlorine free, such as Seventh Generation.


How I do it........

Clean up is easy! If you are breastfeeding exclusively then the poop is all-natural and water soluble so you just throw it in the wash!

I throw my diapers in a bin with a pail liner and when I'm ready to wash, I just pull it out and dump them in the washing machine.....


Now that Chase is eating solids, I have to clean the diaper, but I don't have to dump my hands in poop water.....cloth diapering has come a long way!
Bum Genius diaper sprayer allows you to hook it right up to the potty and spray that bad boy down.....poop comes right off!

I also use flushable diaper liners that catches most of the poop....just remove and flush.
FYI....Disposable diaper packages recommend dumping the poop in the potty before trashing the diaper to prevent contaminating ground water and causing a health hazard in landfills but the majority of people don't take the time!

If I'm out and about, I just take a wet bag to store the dirty diapers until I get home!


See.....it's EASY PEASY!


Cloth diapers are a booty-ful thing!!


Until Next Time.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...