Monday, July 19, 2010

Momma said there'd be days like this

Today was the first of 5 weeks taking Mamma Jean to the hospital for radiation (I will update the cancer situation next post). I scheduled the appointment for 9:10 since Colby awakes at sunset, ASSUMING we would have plenty of time.

 I never set an alarm since Colby is my 6:30 wake-up call. It's the strangest thing.........when I depend on him to get me up, he decides to sleep until 8:15. I threw on clothes, fingered tossed my hair into a pony, brushed my teeth (I think) , woke-up Chase......he always wakes before 7:00 but not this morning, of course, fed the boys, loaded up, and hit the road.

We arrived at the cancer center at 9:09. The radiation only takes 10 minutes and they met her at the door with a wheel chair, so I figured the best bet was for my clan to remain buckled up in the car. I couldn't find a parking place that allowed me to have an eye on the front door. I circled back around and decided to go in and give the front desk my cell so they could call when she was done. I entered the center assuming she had already been taken back to start the treatment but she was sitting there alone.....oh no mam! I walked right back out, unloaded the boys, and plopped ourselves down right next to her oxygen tank and wheelchair.

She lit up like a kid on Christmas morning and then introduced her great-grandchildren to the staff! Everything went great.....that is until the trip home. Chase's very unusual whining the last couple of days has concerned me and he let it roll as soon as we pulled out of the parking lot. On top of that, I did the unthinkable...ran out of the house without a passy. He screamed and screamed and screamed some more!!

Mamma Jean was so upset that he was upset...she kept repeating

bless his little heart

I'm so sorry

this is my fault

I'm such a trouble

I told her to stop immediately and tried to convince her otherwise. I assured her that I didn't think Chase was feeling too well and it had nothing to do with her trip to the center. I stopped at the store and bought a passy and when I returned to the car I noticed Chase had his first little tear running down his cheek.....broke my heart!

I guess it's about time he shed a tear being as though he is 6 months old, I was beginning to think his tear ducts didn't properly function. The passy kept him content for all of 3 minutes and then the screeching hit an all time high. I called and made a doctor's appointment because he literally never cries....I knew something was up. He also has been fussy while nursing and he was up a lot last night.

I got an appointment for 4:30 and Colby was still napping at 3:30. Here we go again....I had to wake him up and rush rush rush. I was on the road once again but this time I had some good fortune bestowed upon me....dad was right behind me so we pulled over and I handed Colby off to go play with Pawpaw Mike while we went to the doctor.

Okay....on the road again

Jeez...my gas light is on

I stopped to get gas, and I dropped my gas card which somehow did a magic trick and flew under Oddy.

Now I'm on the ground, under the car, reaching for my card, and sensing my time running out of ever making it to the doctor on time!

My doctor is a good 35 minutes away and I knew I was going to be 15 minutes late. I'm OCD about being on time and I think being late is extremely rude so I called to let them know. The nurse assured me it was okay as long as I made it by 4:40....wow thanks for the extra 10 minutes. I put the petal to the metal and was making good time....that is until a blast of rain started pouring from the sky and people slowed to a creeping 10 miles per hour. I came in on two wheels at 4:43, praying they would still accept our rudeness.....everyone is ready to go home at 5:00!

I jump out and open the door to get Chase and notice he finally fell asleep (not much of that today, at least not without me holding him) but not for long..........

I'm not sure what woke him up, big raindrops piercing his face or me jerking him around while running for cover! I'm now soaking wet as I come to the front desk and the receptionist said, "you made it, come on back." They were waiting on us...how embarrassing nice of them.

The doctor greets us with a smile and gets right to the point.

Ears...perfect

Throat...perfect

Chest...perfect

Strep Test....Negative

Oh I see....his bottom gums are swollen and red

He is TEETHING.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I smile and say great, thanks, see you next Monday for his 6 month check-up.

Oh well, at least I know. I swing my little peanut onto my hip and as I approach the car, it hits me..........

Holy Moly kind kitties, I left the car seat in the doctor's office.

That's okay,  I will just go back and get it, or maybe not since the office door is locked.

I knocked on the door for 10 minutes and luckily someone came to turn the lights off in the waiting room and saw my hopeless face starring in the window.

I was thinking about how this day had been quite challenging and my phone rang. It was my wonderful hubby offering to stop by the store and pick up some infant Motrin to help Chase with the pain. I picked Colby up, went home, ate dinner, bathed the boys, and story time was just about to begin when Colby said, "where's my Binky?"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he's at Gammy's house!

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.....GIVE ME A BREAK!

He WILL NOT go to sleep without Binky. Gammy rushed Binky over ASAP!

We had time to waste while waiting on Binky so we engaged in Colby's favorite activity.......photo shoot!

Say cheese mommy, be still mommy

baby that's you moving....look at the screen until you see me

otay, cheese mommy, Good job mommy!!
Are you looking at the screen, Colby?
There you go buddy!!
Say Cheese...Good job Daddy, Good job Woody!
Yay...Gammy, you got Binky....tank you Gammy, say cheese!

What a perfect ending to a challenging day!!

Momma said there'd be days like this!
This song has been stuck in my head all day.....sorry if it's in yours now!
GO AHEAD........ TURN IT UP LOUD AND JAM OUT!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

oh you know i be jammin right now! thanks!

p.s. sorry i am always late!!! i will try harder!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...