Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Green Goober!


Yes, you can call me a green goober! I don't use any kind of chemicals in my home, I recycle, I'm in the cloth diaper club, I made Colby's baby food and nothing went in his mouth for the first year of life that wasn't organic...even his smash cake at his 1st birthday!

I sometimes get ragged for being so concerned......especially living in Mississippi  where health usually falls pretty low on the priority list and the motto is "we did it growing up and we are still alive!" Well, my friends.......today isn't the same as yesterday, unfortunately!


I'm so glad I came across Healthy Child Healthy World....you must follow them on Facebook, Great stuff!!

Today I was reading one of their articles   Clean Food Dirty Kids

and this excerpt..........

Plenty of research over the last decade and more has shown how kids benefit from gardening and other time spent in nature.* They’re more confident, patient, responsible and compassionate. They know (and care) more about food and the environment. They learn more easily. Some of that is simple exposure to living, growing things. But a lot of it is the freedom, fresh air and physical activity that lets little brains and bodies find their groove.

Reminded me of this.....



His facial expression says it all......I guess he's finding his groove!!




Until Next Time............

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...