Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ramblings of a Two Year Old

The Jones' Household was snoozing until my son climbed out of his bed, passed the bathroom, wondered into my room at midnight, leaned into my ear, and said, "mommy, I have to teetee!"

Baby, you know how to potty by yourself

Mone mone (come on) mommy, tome potty wif me peez!

You don't need mommy, your a big boy

no I not, mone mone mommy....hurry I had go potty right now

okay, lets go


I stumbled out of bed and made my way across the house and rested on the tub while keeping Colby company as he did his business.........and the rambling began

Colby, you said you had to teetee, hurry up

I not tell lie mommy, I never tell lie, I about to teetee

uh oh, my teetee stuck

try really hard

why you sleepy mommy

it's really late and I was sleeping

oh, it not late

yes, it is.... hurry up sweetie

you teetee wif me like daddy

I can't teetee standing up

you have to sit down to teetee, you a dirl, daddy boy, chase a boy, pawpaw Mike a boy, Gammy a dirl, Coach a boy....he proceeded with everyone he knows

Yes, you are right about the gender of all 100 people you just mentioned

teetee please so we can go back to bed

lets watch Chuggington one time

no way, it's midnight

I love you soooo much

I love you too but you are going back to bed

Ahhh..finally he decided to teetee (you didn't know your teetee can get stuck huh?)

See mommy I had teetee, I not lie, God say never lie, gotta tell the truf

Your right, good job

at last...I got him back in the bed but the rambling continued

I need to go to daddy's house

what? This is daddy's house

no it not

Baby, this is mommy and daddy's house

daddy's house in the backyard......oh lord he thinks the shed is daddy's house, I bet Chris will love to know that

We can't go to the shed

yea, I need to work

no sir, it's dark outside

let me see dark

I opened the blinds.....see it's late and it's dark

it not bedtime

YES, IT'S BEDTIME..NIGHT NIGHT

I know he wasn't scared of the dark because his room was lit up like the 4th of July with Mr. Twilight Turtle

He loves his turtle!! Twilight sleeps on the pillow beside him displaying the moon and stars all over the walls and ceiling. Not to mention he has two night lights and he also had his flashlight on....darkness isn't a problem in that room.

Otay...mommy take one nap wif me, Gammy takes nap wif me at her house.
Pawpaw Mike snore too loud and wake me up.

I knew this could go on for days so I dove in for a kiss and one last hug, said night night, sweet dreams, love you, stay in the bed or no Chuggington in the morning!!

Never heard another peep....I guess all the rambling wore him smooth out!


3 comments:

Ashley said...

hilarious! i love that stuff!

Sara said...

We've been getting so frustrated with Eden lately, because she'll wake up and start screaming/crying until we come in and then, in the sweetest most unconcerned voice ever, she says either: "I go bed." or "Put blanket on? Pray?" or something equally annoying. It would be different if she was scared or had a bad dream, but I thinks she just wakes up and uses the crying to get us to rush in there just so she can see us for a second. She always goes right back to sleep like nothing was ever wrong.

Kosek Landing said...

I'm impressed you were able to remember that conversation in the wee hours of the morning! Too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...