Monday, May 17, 2010

Breakfast Club- Blueberry French Toast Casserole




I love my breakfast club! When you're a SAHM you look for any excuse to get any of the following

  • Adult conversation
  • Play buddies to entertain your children
  • Enjoy a cup of coffee without having to reheat it 3 times
  • Eat a yummy breakfast without little grubby fingers trying to take it away
  • A time to share mommy advice and realize all mommies are going through or have gone through the same struggles and it will get better
  • Activities to wear out the children so nap time will be extra long
We meet at my house every Wednesday at 9:00, well I say 9:00 but the only ones that arrive at 9:00 are me and my boys because we live here. I told the ladies that I will give a door prize for the one who shows up at 9:00 but no one has done so yet. I guess being 15 minutes late for everything is a trait of a SAHM!

Last week I made this OH SO YUMMY casserole!! It's not healthy in any way, shape, or form........ but I promise you will loveeeeee it!!

Blueberry French Toast Casserole

1 loaf Texas toast bread
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups blueberries
8 eggs
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 cup milk
1 stick butter, melted
cinnamon

Instructions:
Have a cutie pie tear bread into pieces
and scatter half of bread into 9x13 pan (coated in cooking spray)
Mix cream cheese and sugar. Spread on top of bread.
Scatter blueberries
and top with remaining bread

Mix eggs, maple syrup, milk, butter. Mix well. Por mixture evenly on top of bread.

Sprinkle with Cinnamon and refrigerate overnight


Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned

and don't be rude and eat a huge piece before your company arrives....Oh wait I did that. Well, they should have been on time.....their just lucky I saved them some!! Thanks for the great recipe Jess!

3 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

Looks yummy...I'll have to try that one! Count me in on breakfast club starting in June. I'm going to go for the door prize :)

Sara said...

Okay, firstly, I had no idea YOU made the casserole. I commented how yummy it was to the mommy I thought had made it and didn't even tell you how awesome it was! So I will rectify that now.... it was awesomely yummy deliciousness and I'm so impressed that you were able to make it before we came! Secondly, my SAHM trait isn't tardiness as much as forgetfulness. haha! I thought I was right on time at 9:30 last week and was surprised everyone else had gotten there "early." :D Makes more sense now...

Ashley said...

kim, i think you will definitely get the door prize! i can see it!

i am SO sorry i missed out on this breakfast!! Yumzville!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...