Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Look

I was sitting in church this morning trying to listen to the message, which takes talent when you have small children.

All the thoughts in my head at one time....

Is Chase going to make it through the service without wanting to eat

Is Colby being too loud

Is he bothering anyone around us

Oh, no he just spilled his chex mix

Is that a poopy diaper I smell

Colby probably needs to go potty


As I noticed Colby waving to everyone behind us I was thinking....
I wonder what it will feel like when I don't have to worry about all this during church and then I saw the look!

Not the look that says......take your child out, he is disturbing church!!

But the look that answered my question.

This sweet elderly lady was starring at our family so contently with an expression that oozed pure happiness, and I knew exactly what she was thinking...

it seems like yesterday my grown children were babies

I remember swaying my baby in church as he slept in my arms just like that

I miss the blissful smell of a baby and kissing chubby cheeks

my son also had ants in his pants so many years ago

Those days were such a blessing and so much fun

where did the time go

I wish I had it back!!

Thank you sweet lady for the look that

made my day

made me thankful

took away my worries

and reminded me to enjoy every second and not hurry up time that I will want back one day!!!!!!!!




1 comment:

Kosek Landing said...

Did you guys get a new pup?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...