Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day takes on a whole new meaning these days!! It's such a fantastic holiday to celebrate all the fabulous women in my life and I'm so thankful for God blessing me with the gift of motherhood!


We started out our Mother's Day celebration on Saturday with my mom. Colby took his first swim of the summer in what he calls, "big wa wa"! I can't believe he got in.......it was ice cold! He put on his floaties and took off with no fear. I'm not surprised in the least.....that's exactly why he starts swim lessons next Monday.




I just realized I didn't even get a picture with my mom on Mother's Day......I guess that's what happens when kiddos come along.....they are always the center of attention!!

We were all so pumped that he was swimming across the pool by himself! We were on the side cheering him on as if he was competing in a triathlon!

 We had a great time!! I love you mom, and I appreciate everything you always do! You are so selfless and the best mom ever!


Sunday morning we hit the road and headed to Hammond to celebrate Mother's Day with the Jones clan. 
Never Say Never.........................
I once said, "I will never get a DVD player for the car because I want my children to talk to me on road trips."
Well.....Colby doesn't like to have conversation longer than the first 5 minutes and then he whines about getting out of his carseat for the remainder of the trip
soooo.......
DVD player it is!

Thomas the Train and Veggie Tales were a wonderful babysitter!

I suggested to Chris that we should just get a Honda Odyssey with a built in DVD player and he replied, "sure, when you get a job!"
Hmmmm.......in that case, I guess this will work!


Colby snoozed for a good while.....
but this little stinker WILL NOT sleep in the car.
He doesn't like riding in the car because he can't see someone to smile at. If he sees someone then that's all he needs for happiness and if he can touch someone then he is in heaven!! He is the sweetest, affectionate baby in the world!

As soon as he could hold my hand.....
He was all smiles
and at least I got a foot rub out of the deal!
He fell asleep for 20 minutes, and then he was bright eyes again!

We arrived at Granny Bub's house (Chris's Grandmother) and Colby was so excited!

I love visiting Granny Bubs.....it's a place that warms my heart!

delicious desert
tasty dishes
sweet tea
Yummmy......I love it all!
Food made with love is always mouth-watering.............soul food!

sooo much love for my boys 

relaxing on the porch
and enjoying the beautiful view
What a backyard huh???

Such a nice Mother's Day!

I can't think of a better gift on Mother's Day than the gift of a child!
The newest Jones boy arrived at 8:10
7lbs 2 oz  19.5 in

Cayden Joseph Jones
Congrats Kirstyn, We love you!

All the grandchildren and great grandchildren are C Jones

Chris
Cory
Cooper
Colby
Chase
Cayden

We are running out of C names
hmmmmm.......I guess I better start thinking now????

1 comment:

Sara said...

collier, camden, cambridge, carter, colin...

camille, colette... hmm I guess I've thought more about boy "c" names in the past. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...