Saturday, May 29, 2010

Doggie Dog Week

We had our little doggie Bentley for 7 years and then Colby came to town and rocked his world. Bentley wasn't a huge fan of kiddos so we had to say goodbye :( !!
You can read all about it here.

When our friends called us this past week to dog sit we were pretty pumped to have a dog around and see how Colby would take it all in!



Can I just say love at first sight!! Colby didn't know what to think about a dog that actually allowed him to get close without a little teeth showing...much less cuddle time on the couch.

Jack & Colby became best buds instantly and it was so stinkin adorable. All day long I heard


"mon mon (come on) Jack"


"mon mon outside Jack"


"mon mon Jack, it's nap time"


"mon mon Jack, we had go Gammy's house"


Poor Jack was bossed around the entire time and was such a good sport!!


Jack's mom is expecting a baby in October, and I think he will adjust in a much better fashion than Bentley................




Can you ask for a better dog????


He would just nestle up right under Chase and even let Chase use him as leverage to roll over...





Jack was also on guard all the time! If he heard Chase cry, he was at his side in minutes, and every time I was nursing, Jack would curl up in the chair with us and lay his head in my lap!

No worries Ashley.....he will eat up your baby boy......in a good way :)!!!

Yesterday, I took Colby to Gammy's house so Jack went along for the ride. I dropped Colby off and mom ran in to get me something

Backflash......
My parents have a dog, Snuffy,  that we got when I was 16 years old.  He was old and in pretty bad shape. He was almost blind, completely deaf, and had severe lung issues. The last few weeks he has had many close calls because he couldn't see or hear cars backing up out of the driveway.

Dad told us last week to be very careful and watch out for Snuffy.

I didn't even think about Snuffy because I had just pulled up and was only nudging up, so I never assumed that in such a short period of time he would lay right under my tire.

Well.....he did. As soon as I moved up, I knew exactly what I had done. I jumped out and his back end was underneath the tire. I jumped back in the car and quickly backed up and started praying maybe he was okay. He never made a sound, he just looked up at me and I told him how sorry I was and it was going to be okay. A few minutes after the accident, my dad pulled up and I felt horrible. We could tell that his spine was broke and it was time for him to go to doggie heaven.

I couldn't take much more so I gave him love and said my goodbyes and I went home. On the way, Chase started crying uncontrollably so I had to stop and take him out of the car seat to calm him.

Sooooo.....we are in downtown Florence at 5:30, it's as busy as this little town gets! Jack assumes we are home and does a high jump over the car seat and takes off down the road.

You can imagine what I was feeling at this moment! I just sent one dog to meet his maker and now this. How would I be able to deliver bad news about Jack? Oh no sir, this was not about to happen!! I put screaming Chase back in the car seat and darted down the street in my flip flops and almost did a nose dive into the concrete but thank goodness I caught myself. I'm sure it was a sight to see, and I figured someone had already called Mark and said, "I saw Amanda chasing Jack down main street in the middle of traffic!" We live in a tiny town where everybody knows everybody and yes even dogs too!

I really could careless how ridiculous I appeared to everyone, I only cared about saving Jack......and that I did!!!

Well, I was one for one today in the doggie world and now that I've shared this story, I'm sure I will never get another call to dog sit for the rest of my life!

Dear Mark & Ashley,
I hope we can put this all aside and you will allow us to be Jack's godparents because we fell in love with him this past week. I also want to warn you that Colby will be visiting probably way more than you want so I'm apologizing in advance!
Love,
The Jones Family

RIP Snuffy......we will miss you!

1 comment:

Kosek Landing said...

Amanda...I have sat down to comment on your blog 3 times now, and continue to be interupted by something. But, here I am again, 3rd time is a charm!

Speaking of tear jerker...oh my. I can't imagine going through all that...hang in there! Little Jack is adorable, I wish that my pup was that good with kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...