Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Breaking the Rules at School.....Not Cool!!

I was busting at the seams when I saw my little man waiting at the curb for me to pick him up from preschool this morning!! I love the big smile on his face as he waves his little hand as if to say, "I'm right here mommy, don't pass me!!"

I love to hear all about his day and how much fun he had and even though his answers are always the same.......I still love to hear them!!

His teacher opened the door and this was the report of the day........

Momma,
I wouldn't normally tell you when he misbehaves but it was an all day thing so I told him I had to let you know!
He ate his friends lunch
poured water all over the bathroom floor
and disobeyed the entire day

Well then....how spiffy!

Me: I'm very disappointed and you won't watch TV at all today and will go straight to sleep when you get home!

Colby: yea, and no chocolate cake!

We had cake left over from yesterday, and I told him he could have some after school! He must have been really bad.....he didn't think he deserved chocolate!

Our conversation on the way home:

Colby, did you eat your friends food

yes I did

why

it was soooo good

that was very rude, I make your lunch for you to eat and your friend's mommies make their lunch for them to eat not for you to eat.

Do you love your friends?

I do

God says love is not rude so if you love your friends you can't be rude to them

it's wude not to share and they not share da food

Well...that's a good point but your teacher told you it's a rule to eat your own lunch and you have to obey with a happy heart

I happy when I eat friends food, Mrs. Amanda not happy dough

She sure wasn't so you better not break the rules at school ever again

otay, I love Mrs. Amanda

I'm glad baby but you better obey her rules!

It was his first official grounding....no TV (which he loves his 30 min TV time after nap, I mean loooooves) and no computer time!!

I felt like I grounded myself since this meant no quiet time for me at all!!

So we still have much to work on when it comes to school behavior but at least the learning part comes easy.....he so got this from his father.

In college I would stay up all hours of the night studying for a test, Chris on the other hand never cracked a book and graduated with a 4.0.....GAG-A-MAGET!!

Colby knows all his letters, most of his letter sounds, and he has started reading a few words! I am very proud of him! He can also sign the alphabet which I believe has played a big role in his ability to master these skills at an early age.

How signing helps children learn to read!




So maybe he isn't the star student and he won't win the good citizenship award anytime soon, but I have to give him credit.....he is a smart little stinker!!

My biggest concern is Colby growing into a God fearing man that is after God's own heart rather than being valedictorian of his class, but at least I have something to work with right???

I mean if he can learn to read at 2 then surely I can teach him to follow the rules or least not be a food thief...geez!!

Until Next Time............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kosek Landing said...

The things we have to teach our little ones, like, don't eat off another persons plate. Sometimes it's just too funny not to laugh! You handled it well though. Still on for dinner tomorrow night? What can I bring?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...