Friday, September 24, 2010

Judge Not!


I love everything about blogging!! I love the fact that it's a place I can release all my thoughts, use as an outlet, record special moments that I always want to remember....it's basically my journal, but open to the public.

I'm delighted when someone says,

I love your blog

it's so helpful

it's nice to know that I'm not the only mom going through ......

I never thought of it that way until I read your post

Your stories of Colby crack me up

It makes me happy to know I have helped someone or let another mommy know she isn't alone in this crazy world of motherhood!! It also really bothers me to know that I offended someone or made a mommy feel judged or less than perfect......I'm far from perfect!

No matter how many positive comments I receive concerning my posts, it's the two negative messages that are so disheartening to me. I received a message yesterday where another mom felt judged by a comment that I made in my blog. I don't know this person and I'm not sure what comment she is referring to but I'm assuming it's one of the controversial topics....

Positive Discipline (anti-spanking) or Crying It Out (abusive or not)

I'm not sure why anyone would read my blog and feel offended because if you read my blog then you probably already know I promote Attachment Parenting, so you kinda know what to expect. I'm very passionate about it, it feels right in my heart, I believe it creates a much more compassionate child/ world, and the research is unbelievable!!

I am an opinionated person and I'm going to stand up for what I believe in, even if I stand alone!!

I would not be pleased if someone stood up at my funeral and said, "she never offended anyone" because that would imply that I never stood for anything.....I just went along with the crowd my entire life!

Do you think Martin Luther King never offended anyone? There was a time when people thought it was okay to make a person use a separate restroom due to their race.
What if no one ever stood up and voiced their opinions and spread the knowledge.............CHANGE WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!!


Do you think Jesus Christ never offended anyone??? He offended someone every day with his teachings....... to the death. I don't believe he was concerned about offending anyone, he was consumed with spreading the TRUTH!

What good is knowledge if you keep it bottled up so you won't offend someone! I was so thankful when someone shared the knowledge with  me concerning "spare the rod".  I might would have believed the crowd and said, "the bible says spank your kids" and I never would have rebuked the idea.

Rod verses - what they really mean. The following are the biblical verses which have caused the greatest confusion:




"Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him." (Prov. 22:15)



"He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him." (Prov. 13:24)



"Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish him with the rod, he will not die. Punish him with the rod and save his soul from death." (Prov. 23:13-14)



"The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to itself disgraces his mother." (Prov. 29:15)



At first glance these verses may sound pro-spanking. But you might consider a different interpretation of these teachings. "Rod" (shebet) means different things in different parts of the Bible. The Hebrew dictionary gives this word various meanings: a stick (for punishment, writing, fighting, ruling, walking, etc.). While the rod could be used for hitting, it was more frequently used for guiding wandering sheep. Shepherds didn't use the rod to beat their sheep - and children are certainly more valuable than sheep. As shepherd-author Philip Keller teaches so well in A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23, the shepherd's rod was used to fight off prey and the staff was used to gently guide sheep along the right path. ("Your rod and your staff, they comfort me." – Psalm 23:4).




In the New Testament, Christ modified the traditional eye-for-an-eye system of justice with His turn-the-other-cheek approach. Christ preached gentleness, love, and understanding, and seemed against any harsh use of the rod, as stated by Paul in 1 Cor. 4:21: "Shall I come to you with the whip (rod), or in love and with a gentle spirit?" Paul went on to teach fathers about the importance of not provoking anger in their children (which is what spanking usually does): "Fathers, do not exasperate your children" (Eph. 6:4), and "Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will be discouraged" (Col. 3:21).




In my opinion, nowhere in the Bible does it say you must spank your child to be a godly parent.

I don't judge parents that spank, but I was relieved to know that I don't have to spank my children to be Godly and I like to spread the message so other Christian parents don't feel pressured to go against something they feel in their heart isn't right for their child.


I never write a post intending to tell someone their way is wrong, but rather this is the way I believe and this is another way if your looking for other options.

I never feel judged when people give me their opinion. There are people that tell me I need to spank Colby.....I don't feel judged, I respect their opinion.

When someone told me my breastfeeding problems was a  result of my own doings......I didn't feel judged. I listened, took it all in, and made the necessary changes.

When my speech pathologist friend told me Colby was too old for a sippy cup and it could cause speech problems........I didn't feel judged. I put up all the sippy cups.

Maybe I word my opinions in the wrong way since I don't think from the judged frame of mind. I apologize to anyone that I have ever offended, it was never my intention!!!

Many of my friends have different parenting styles and I don't judge them at all......I love them! I might not believe in spanking, but I will never judge a parent who believes that's what best for their child. 

I post my point of view and my beliefs not to judge, but to give options!!!

God Bless


Until Next Time........................

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...