Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Phil 4:8 Worthy of Praise

I got another dreaded call from Colby's MMO teacher on Tuesday.

He threw dirt on another little boy

Pulled his pants down on the playground

Tells his teacher, "no, I don't want to!"

I went to pick him up where I found him sitting on the fence during play time. It breaks my heart because he really has a heart of gold but has energy literally exploding out of his ears that gets him into trouble. When I try to discuss his misbehavior...he literally can't focus for two seconds. He just says, I'm so sorry, I not mean to, I won't do that  ever again.......like a broken record!! He dosen't even know what our conversation is even about since his little brain is too busy thinking about whats next on his agenda.

I'm so on the fence trying to decide if a structured program is helping him or hindering him at this point....he is only 2 1/2 after all. They put him in the three year old room because he is big for his age and mature in the intellectual department but he isn't mature in his behavior (at all)....hence, thinking he is a comedian by showing his weewee on the playground!

He is a typical boy that flourishes and learns through tactile play, not too much structure! I think he might adjust better if I wait until next August and maybe find something that is more than just 2 days a week...something more consistent!

With all that said.....I've been a little down in the dumps trying to figure all this out! I want his experience of school to be positive not somewhere he associates with negativity. He told me, " I not obey at tool, but I try!" "I pay with my friends but I go time-out." "I not eat my friend's pood and not get up, I want to weally bad." It's extremely hard for him to sit still during lunch.....bless his heart!

It's been on my mind constantly, and I keep praying for answers. During nap time today, I prayed and asked for guidance as I turned to God's word and you won't believe what scripture He led me to.............

"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things"    PHIL 4:8

God always shows up and shows out if we ask for answers. I was focusing on all the negative and losing sight of all the amazing things about my son.

Maybe he can't focus, control his impulses, and adjust to structure but he always tells me thank you and please, he loves and cares for his brother like no other, he tells me he loves me to the moon and back, and he gives the best kisses in the whole world!!!

These things are worthy of praise and I choose to think of these!!!






What are you trying to do baby?

Chase ty (cried) and I make him feel bedda, I give him milk

Oh, baby! You don't have milk.

Yea I do, I have milk in my tatas

Nooooo, you sure don't

God only gives mommies milk to feed their baby

Oh, daddy not have milk in his tatas, he a boy

That's right! Daddy is a boy so he doesn't have milk in his tatas

I a boy too mommy!! I not have milk.

That was sweet of you to try and help Chase but next time just give him a hug!

Otay!!


Until Next Time...............

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...