Sunday, June 13, 2010

Gotta Love Motherhood!

Sandford and Son would probably be the first thing to come to mind if you dare to venture through our backyard!

It looks like a daycare junkyard.....kiddie pools, trampolines, four wheelers, bikes, sandbox, sprinklers, and toys galore!! The crazy thing is, Chris and I have not purchased ONE of these items..... grandparents have lost all control!!

Chris decided to rummage through all the crap and use it to construct a redneck water park..... Colby thinks it's the next best thing to ice cream!!




Colby plays at the RN water park for hours every day! He use to hate getting his face wet but thanks to Maley's Swim School, that is no longer an issue. He likes to get a running start and do a belly buster into the pool but not before shouting, "HERE ME GO!!"






He has become quite the dare-devil!







Not trying to take any glory away from Chris's fantastic water park, but we figured it would be a pleasant surprise to take Colby to Jellystone. I showed Colby this photo online and asked him if he would like to go...his facial expression was priceless! All day he repeated, "lets go to the wawa park and dit on big slide!"
And that's just what he did, he got on the big slide again & again!!!



My bestie from college lives in Forest so she met us there with her three kiddos!!

Joni is THAT FRIEND......you know what I'm talking about!
The friend that you might only see once a year but you pick right up where you left off!

The kind of friend....

You feel blessed to have

who inspires you

who you can't live without

and know for a fact will be in your life forever!!

Yep, that's my Joni!!

Take a look at those adorable twinkies munching on those KitKat bars!
Little Ms. Callie Cates took a liking to me.....I think I might need a little girl next go round!

I have a comical story to share but breastfeeding mommies might be the only ones to relate and find humor in it all!

I decided to leave Chase at home with my mom since it was too hot! I have left him twice before but it was after I put him to bed. This was the first time I have left him during the day and had to leave pumped milk!!

Well....you know how breast milk adjust to the times of the day that the baby usually eats. It was getting about that time and I sat right next to a crying baby and you know what that triggers.

Yes mam, my milk assumed it was Chase crying and immediately began to let down. So...here I was

My breast were tingling, growing by the second, and there was nowhere for the milk to go.

I couldn't borrow the baby to finish the job he had started so I was up a creek without a paddle. My breast grew about two sizes in a few minutes and my swimsuit no longer fit.

I had to put on my swimsuit cover or someone was about to get an eye full or a squirt of milk!

Oh my.....gotta love motherhood!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

look out for the let-down! one time, i was trying on nursing bras at motherhood when bradley was about 4 months old, and when i took my bra off, "they" assumed it was "time" and i had such a huge let down that it shot across the dressing room, sprayed the mirror and ran down to the floor! needless to say, i had to leave without a new nursing bra, and the one i had on was soaked from wiping the milk off the mirror!

Alicia said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time at Jellystone! I hate that we didn't get to meet in person! We'll have to work on that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...