Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tot School


I have started Tot school with Colby, and I'm madly in love with this blog!! It has creative ideas and wonderful printouts!


Tot School is the time each day I spend with Colby, exposing early learning skills through FUN play. Tot School is not forced and is always fun!


Check it out...
Tot School

She provides organized assessment sheets that will be a very helpful guideline.......my teacher side got really excited!!
I can't wait to get started on Tot Trays!
Tot Trays are just a simple twist on Montessori inspired activities. The trays are used to expose early learning skills, and to simply engage my tot's curiosity and wonder. The trays are rotated often, using the same materials in different ways and with different twists.

Last night I started making Tot Books...

Love Love Love them!!

I will be posting our favorite and most productive Tot lessons.....I hope you enjoy and get some great ideas!!

Who would have thought noodles and a shoe box would be so intriguing?? This will enhance those fine motor skills and prepare him for writing!!

Punch holes in the box and let your tot be creative!

Unless it could harm another child!
No, Colby lets not poke baby Chase.....
see how many you can fit in one hole and then count out loud so Chase can hear!!
otay...1, 2,3,4!

I got dinner cooked during this activity.....killing two birds with one stone!!

Working on sorting and grouping!

Colby can identify numbers 1-10 but he has difficulty touch counting items so this activity is perfect for him to master this skill!

Mommy, tan I just pay peez?
Yes, baby you can!
Otay, I build a big house!

Awesome Job!

I guess our lessons need to be 20 mins...... MAX!!!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the lessons and tot school thanks for the great ideas!! (i have an in home daycare so this is great!)
Brandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...