Friday, June 18, 2010

Smile or You Might Cry


I just had a moment with Colby that I pray remains vivid in my memory. I tucked him in bed and as I was walking out he said

Take nap mommy

You want me to lay down with you for a few minutes

Yes, peez

Okay, for just a minute

He snuggled his little body as close to mine as he possibly could, and I wrapped my arms around him.

He was exhausted and was struggling to keep his heavy eyelids cracked to peek and make sure I wasn't sneaking out.

 What is it about sleeping children that appear so angelic? I love it!

He rubbed Binky (his lovey) all over his face until his arms were to weak and went limp. His relaxing piano music was playing in the background as he looked so content soothing himself to sleep by using his tongue as a passy (really bad habit....it's called tongue thrusting).



I just layed there starring at him and thinking about how much I love him and how I will remember this moment forever!

Especially since it was a peaceful moment that definitely has been a rare commodity this week!!

My mind rushed back to......

Colby running away from me in Kohl's 

Colby, come here NOW

No, I not tom out, I hide!"

This is not a game, NOW!

Mommy, you so silly....tan't tatch me, as he resembled the road runner leaving me in the dust!

Arggggg....and don't you just hate when women look at you like....ummm my child would never behave that way. Really??? I'm so sure??? Instead of judging me can you use that energy to grab my son by the arm and toss him my direction since I have a baby on my hip, thanks!!

or.....

When I laid Chase down for a nap and returned to find Colby sitting in the sink, using the sprayer as a machine gun to soak every inch of my kitchen.

FYI....never charge into this situation because you might fall right on your booty! I looked like an amateur ice skater, no worries..... the floor broke my fall.

or...

When we were playing at splashpad and he pulled his swimsuit down and put his weewee on display for all the world to see while he went teetee.....not a modest child in the least!

or...

When I left the room for 2 seconds and came back to find him eating the markers and using his body as a canvas.

or...


When he spewed barf all over my face. Yes, that's what I said....barf in the face.

Both boys had runny noses and Chase's turned into a cough. It kinda freaked me out since he is only 5 months old. I don't think Colby got his first little cold until almost one and he didn't have a cough until almost 2. So, I overreacted and took them both to the doctor for him to tell me they have runny noses.....yes, I felt slightly silly and robbed of my money!

Anyway, Colby decided to chug-a-lug two big glasses of milk and well lets just say milk and mucous...not a great combination!

Colby covered my couch in thick, milky vomit. It frightened him so he cried out

Mommy pick me up

Of course I held him tight and assured him it was okay

he lifted his little head off my shoulder and spewed barf directly in my face and cried

Mommy take bath!

You have to smile through it all or you just might cry!

1 comment:

Sara said...

My mouth is hanging open...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...